the gonzo

mercredi, octobre 25, 2006

España!

Ive made it into Madrid tonight, currently chillin at this hostel in the downtown. I stayed up way too late last night in Thonon, slept two hours, and caught the train out of Thonon to Geneva. Despite being incredibly tired and dragged out, I had no problems with the numerous connections between Thonon and the Geneva airport. Its really bad actually: from Thonon, you take the train to La Gare Eux Vives, which is outside Geneva. From there, you take the tramway to a big train statiopn in downtown Geneva. From there, you take a train to the airport.

I managed to get into the airport a full 3 hours before my flight. I felt like sleeping in the terminal. The flight to Madrid was only 2 hours, and my first impressions of Spain (from the air) was how different in totopgraphy and climate it is compared to Thonon: very dry, hilly, scrub brush. The Madrid metro system from the airport was very impressive; very clean and efficient.

There are a bunch of Americans and Australians here in this hostel, generally always listening to Led Zepplin or some related band and playing drinking games (ugh). I cooked some pasta I bought at this convenience store next door and drank a beer. I plan on hitting up the big art museums here, and sampling some nightlife before heading out Monday morning. May even make a day trip to Segovia or Toledo. I will not be updating this blog very much during the trip, but when I get back to Thonon you will see the pictures!

Aight, hasta pronto . . . and by the way, its really cool to hear some Spanish again! Hopefully it will come back in the next week. Its true about the lisp: a "plaza" is a "platha."

1 Comments:

At 27 octobre, 2006 18:08, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Terrific blog! Can't wait for the pictures from Spain.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home